MailScan for VPOP3 6.8A
MailScan for VPOP3 6.8A
MailScan 5 is a complex and easy to use real-time AntiVirus and AntiSpam solution for VPOP3 Mail Servers.
MailScan for VPOP3 safeguards organizations against Virus, Worm, Trojan and many other malware breeds with futuristic and proactive technologies.
Employing an array of intelligent filters, MailScan offers comprehensive protection against Spam and Phishing mails, while providing powerful Content Security too.
AntiVirus & Content-Checking are only few of the benefits offered by MailScan. It also has a Generic Attachment Analyzer, Automatic Compression/Decompression feature, a comprehensive Notification engine and hosts of features hitherto found in any other package.
MailScan uses the eScan Content-Security & AntiVirus to scan all attachments contained in eMails. Emails sent out to the Internet & coming in from the Internet are scanned & cleaned of Viruses and its contents checked, before your actual email server processes the same.
All the MailScan processes are multi-threaded. This ensures that all emails are parallely processed.
All types of attachments are handled by MailScan, including MIME and UUEncoded. RFC822 attachments, Embedded emails, Multipart-Mixed and Multipart-Digest types are also handled properly.
Here are some key features of "MailScan for VPOP3":
Web Based Administration:
· MailScan Administration Console can be accessed using a browser, thus enabling Remote Administration of the application. All the features of MailScan for Mail Servers are available in the web interface.
Advanced AntiSpam and AntiPhishing:
· MailScan stops Spamming and Phishing using a combination of highly powerful technologies like,
Non Intrusive Learning Patterns (NILP):
· This is a revolutionary technology from MicroWorld that works on the principles of Artificial Intelligence to create an adaptive mechanism in Spam and Phishing Control.
· This technology can analyze each email according to the Behavioral Patterns of the user and can take an informed decision there after. It has the capability to learn on its own and can also incorporate regular research feeds from the MicroWorld Server.
Real-time Black List (RBL):
· RBL is a DNS Server that lists IP Addresses of known Spam sending machines. If the contacting IP is found to be in one of the blacklisted categories, the connection is terminated.
· Unlike normal RBLs, SURBL Check works by scanning for the presence of names or URLs of Spam websites in the message body.
General Header Tests:
· MailScan checks the validity of all the headers in the mail and if any of the headers are found to be invalid, the mail will be considered as Spam.
MX/A DNS Record Verification:
· The domain part of the email address in the "MAIL FROM" SMTP command is checked to see if it has a DNS MX (Mail Server) and / or A (IP) record as it is typical of spammers to use non-existent domains in their emails.
· A reverse DNS check is performed to see if the connecting IP resolves to a valid domain name before accepting or rejecting the email.
X-Spam Rules Check:
· X-Spam Rules are Rules that describe certain characteristics of a mail and they are matched against the mail header, body and attachment to generate a score for each mail. If the score crosses a threshold value, then the mail is considered a Spam.
Sender Policy Framework (SPF):
· Sender Policy Framework is a world standard that helps to prevent forgery of sender address and is a powerful mechanism to stop Phishing mails.
Auto Updates for Spam Detection:
· The system updates the Bayesian Spam Database with probable phrases and words.
Power to Block Image Spam:
· MailScan uses powerful technologies to filter out image spam.
Real-Time Virus Scanning:
· Scans e-mails for all types of malware in Real-Time including all inbound and outbound, SMTP and POP3 mail traffic at the Mail Gateway itself.
· This feature allows you can add local primary domain, configure settings for auto-download of updates and plug Internet Explorer vulnerabilities that allow Viruses to enter your system. You can also block or allow specific types of e-mail attachments that are prone to virus infections.
· Sophisticated Heuristic Scanning to prevent newer Viruses, mutant variants and hidden malice in a proactive and pre-emptive manner.
Real-Time Content Scanning:
· All incoming and outgoing messages are scanned in Real-Time for offensive words, Adult Content and expressions using Security Policies.
· When a local user sends a mail to an email address, the system automatically adds that id to the whitelist, so that mails from that id does not go through Spam Filtering.
LDAP Authenticated Web Administration:
· MailScan is powered with LDAP Authenticated Web Administration.
· This option shows all TCP / UDP connections in the system, like Processes, Protocol, Local Address, Remote Address, Data Sent, Data Received and more
· Extensive options to block certain attachments like EXE, COM, CHM or BAT from being sent or received.
Comprehensive Attachment & eMail Archiving:
· Customizable options to archive e-mails and attachments flowing in and out of the system. This also helps in comprehensive email auditing.
Mail Traffic Management with Scan Control:
· Provides an option to define a selected list of users, whose mails need to be scanned. You can also block certain users from sending or receiving emails.
· When a local user sends a mail to an email address, the system automatically adds that id to the whitelist.
Compression and Decompression:
· Oversized files are compressed using standard file compressors with options for automatic decompression. MailScan can be configured to create 'EXE' files or self-extracting zip files that are automatically decompressed at the recipient's machine.
· Easy to use options to add Customized Disclaimers all external and internal emails
· Automatically updates new Virus Signatures and antidotes as the AntiVirus database of MailScan is updated every hour.
· MailScan registers its activities into logs and generates graphical and non-graphical reports on demand, for review and analysis.
· Pentium II 200 MHz or higher
· RAM:256MB(512 MB recommended)
· Hard Disk 500 MB of Free Space
· 15 days trial
Download and use it now: MailScan for VPOP3 6.8A free download
Related programsOur Recommendations
Ammyy Admin is a nifty application designed for establishing remote desktop control between remoteDownload
Create drop down menus based on css using Vista Buttons. Make various styles for each submenu item adjusting css styles. CSS Navigation Menu Builder provides huge collection of 1400 web buttons, 6600 icons,...Download
PresenTense Server is an RFC standard multi protocol time server supporting even the latest NTP4Download
The Rak Flash Gallery application was designed to be a tool for creating Flash movie from yourDownload
A4Desk Flash Video Player is a reliable tool that you can use to transform video files into FlashDownload
High Speed Verifier (HSV) is an intuitive application that allows users to verify the validity of aDownload
MiniWebServer was created as an accessible, useful and open source HTTP 1.1 webDownload
Researching travel options can be challenging. It takes time to review all the options andDownload